Supporting Healthcare and Community-Based Organization Partnerships to Address Social Determinants of Health
Case Studies and Resources to Advance Collaborative Efforts
Healthcare and community-based organizations (CBOs) across the country are increasingly joining forces to address the root causes of poor health among low-income and vulnerable populations. But what are the best mechanisms to help these partnerships achieve mutual goals? Through support from Kaiser Permanente Community Health, NFF and the Center for Health Care Strategies developed a set of case studies and resources to inform CBO and healthcare partners working together to address social needs and improve health outcomes for at-risk patients.
These materials can help existing and emerging partnerships refine and strengthen their collaborative efforts:
Case studies (click here)
- Project Access NOW’s C3 Community Assistance Program: Ensuring Safe Discharge from the Hospital
- Hunger Free Colorado: Connecting Vulnerable Patients to Food and Nutrition Resources
- 2-1-1 San Diego: Connecting Partners through the Community Information Exchange
Resources (click here)
- Integrating to Improve Health: Partnership Models between Community-Based and Health Care Organizations
- Value Proposition Tool: Articulating Value Within Community-Based and Health Care Organization Partnerships
- Health Care and Community-Based Organization Partnership: What Does It Cost?