Mellon Loan Fund
NFF manages an interest-free, no-fee revolving loan fund on behalf of The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. Loans of up to $150,000 are available to current or recent grantees of Mellon’s Arts and Cultural Heritage program.
This pool of funds supports arts and culture organizations experiencing cash flow and/or cash shortfall challenges. For some, a loan can help bridge a receivable from a commercial or government contract; for others, a loan can provide short-term support while revenue is rebuilt.
Loans made through this program:
- Require full repayment of principal
- Are interest-free with no fees
- Range from $25,000 - $150,000
- May have a repayment term of up to one year
To be eligible, your organization must:
- Be a current or recent grantee or recipient of a regrant from Mellon’s Arts and Cultural Heritage program
- Be a 501(c)(3)
- Have an operating budget between $250,000 and $15,000,000
Loans may be used for two purposes:
- Bridge loans to manage cash flow issues including the delay in payments from specific contracted and contributed sources
- Support loans to temporarily replace loss of earned or contributed funding in the short term, as your organization rebuilds revenue
The pool of funds is limited, and inquiries are reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested in the program, please contact NFF Manager Beth Doreian at email@example.com or 215-546-9426 x205.