Fundamentals for Funders
Making fundraising easier for your grantees
Nonprofits have long advocated for funders to change the way money flows through the sector. Funders, it’s time to take action!
Click through the resources below to hear directly from nonprofits – and find easy actions you can take today to make the nonprofit sector more equitable.
- Hear directly from 1,168 nonprofits! State of the Nonprofit Sector Survey: What Funders Can Do (NFF)
- Check out our fundamentals for Funders (NFF)
- Addressing Racially Biased Financial Analysis (NFF)
- Full Cost (NFF)
- The Trust-Based Philanthropy Project
- Simplify and Streamline Paperwork (The Trust-Based Philanthropy Project)
- Inflation is killing nonprofits. Funders, you need to supplement your grants immediately. (Nonprofit AF)
- The ethical argument for foundations to increase their annual payout rate beyond 5% (Nonprofit AF)
- Funders, your grant application process may be perpetuating inequity (Nonprofit AF)
- Centering Equity through Flexible, Reliable Funding (Grantmakers for Equitable Organizations)
- The Smartest Way to Promote Diversity: Pay for Overhead at Charities Led by People of Color (Chronicle of Philanthropy)
- Five Foundations Address the “Starvation Cycle” (Chronicle of Philanthropy)